When the computers die... there's always the ol faithful


I get so frustrated because I have all these ideas in my head and too many of them never reach this piece of paper. I try so hard to make sure this doesn't happen -- that my ideas don't get separated from this important idea that I call paper. But sometimes things, time, business... life gets in the way.

The bad thing about technology is there's always some chaos going inside of it it. Computers will always make some mistake, sometime, somewhere. There's going to be some annoying error hitting up the machine every once in a blue moon. But paper has been faithful to me before the day I was born. It's been here for centuries catering world wide to one generation after the next. I've never had problems with it. It's fast easy, convenient and I know AND am for sure that deep in my heart, it's always gonna be there for me. Let's just say (and hope not) my laptop gets some horrific virus. The world shakes and anarchy begins between my frustration and the thing mankind calls "the future"; let's just say this future jewel dies and out of nowhere: the trombones, and horns blow a triumphant sound; paper saves the day. As long as we have trees, we have paper! And with that paper comes along millions of thoughts, dreams, sadness, joy, love and something that can spark the mind all thanks to paper.


Dear ol' paper,

How I love you so. How you've always been faithful to humanity, no matter how much we've mistreated you. When all technology systems fail, you will always be there for the world.

Love,

Penny

Comments

  1. Mmm...indeed business gets in the way entirely too much. Glad you know the importance of relaying your thoughts, though.

    ..and agreed--computer nerd though I am, a lot of times, I'd rather use a sticky note or some notebook paper to write notes or thoughts instead of Microsoft Word or my "Memopad" in my phone.

    Hope all's well.

    Lata..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Ebony and I agree!
    You're blogs are so much more interesting than mine, but 3 more weeks and it will actually be a blog of my own! (not just for class purposes)

    Love you beautiful,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly the feel of paper is much better. Personally I love drafting essays on paper then typing them. Using the computer to outline has failed to make me a creative writer. While I blog online, I miss the days of pouring my heart onto a judge-less page. However, by blogging we reach others who cannot be in our rooms looking over our shoulders. That is itself can be a prize and curse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Death Experience: My Battle With Sleep Paralysis

Ronald McDonald's a No-Go?: It's Not a McDonald's Thing It's A Parent's Thing

I Died and My Mom Laughed at My Corpse